The Year of Selfish

2018 is the year of Me. I am giving myself permission to put myself first and to tell other people ”no” without explaining or feeling like I have to. I’m giving myself permission to be a mess and to clean it up when I am good and ready because clearly forcing myself into happiness has not worked thus far. I give myself permission to be in love with people, in any way I see fit (emotionally), and to not stuff those feelings down. Those feelings are mine and I deserve to feel them and shouldn’t make myself feel bad for doing so.

2018 will be a year in which I cry more often in public because my heart is sad and I am a deeply feeling person. I will be attentive to friendships and begin burning down the walls of inhibition. I am 34 years old. I want to live to be 35, both literally and figuratively. I have held myself back so much.

This year I am giving myself permission to figure out what I need to be happy and to foster those needs until I get there. I give myself permission to enjoy pot without feeling guilty and to experiment with whatever the fuck I feel like because I can. I am the boss of me and it’s time I start acting like it.

2018, we are going to be selfish together. We will take more bath bomb and epsom salt baths and go to the beach. We will go to stupid spin class and almost die because we need to sweat out the shit of day to day life. We will declutter our house, mind, and heart. Me and 2018 are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

2018, I hope you’re ready. We got this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Who Smile When They Drive

Different

Love Warrior